Saturday, April 14, 2012

Rainy Waterfalls

Today Spencer and I really wanted to go on an adventure. I've been looking at different things to do in Utah, and the other day I came across a website that listed all the Top 10 Waterfalls here. Lucky for us, there was one we had never visited, less than 30 minutes up the road! We grabbed some water bottles and jumped in the car. You have to walk/hike about half a mile in before you reach the falls, which isn't difficult, unless you have a very active baby living in your abdomen :) She was excited about something, maybe the fresh air, and felt it appropriate to show me by jumping up and down on my pelvis. Ouch!

On the way to the actual fall, there is a pretty little stream that you walk beside. We stopped for a second at this pool where is collects so I could take a little break.


We also found a miniature Cave of Wonders. I wanted Spencer to pose inside, but he wouldn't. Something about not wanting to get dirty. In. The. Outdoors. Yeah, I laughed at him too.


Anyway, after the fun little Nature Walk, the incline becomes pretty steep for a little ways.. And in my Infinite Wisdom, I didn't think it would be a problem to wear Flip Flops on this adventure. But with Spencer's help, we made it to the top. After the walk uphill,  BAM! Out of nowhere comes a beautiful waterfall!


There are actually 2 cascades, but since it's so early in the Spring, the other one was more of a drizzle. It was ice cold water, but so amazing. We found a comfy log to rest on, and enjoy the perfect view.




I'm so lucky to have married this guy. Look how cute we are! All in all, it was a fabulous Saturday. As soon as we got home, it started raining. Perfect timing. I took a couple pictures of the rainy weather, not sure if you can make them out too well, but I'll post them later anyway. Hope your Weekend is as fabulous as ours!





5 comments:

  1. awh you guys are awesome! Which waterfall is this one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! Its just east of Pleasant Grove city limits, I think its called Battle Creek Falls. It was so pretty! I definitely want to go again later this summer when the trees are in bloom

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love seeing the two of you. What a wonderful day and the falls are so beautiful. I love your blog and look forward to everything you write. Grandma & Grandpa

    ReplyDelete