Wednesday, June 27, 2012

2 Weeks and Counting

I just had my 38 week check up, and I have some mixed feelings about it. But before I get into that, let me rewind a couple weeks:

Last week we were busy busy busy moving into our new apartment. It happened so fast, one minute we were planning on moving at the end of July, the next minute we're signing contracts and switching everything into our new address. Spencer still had work all week, so the plan was that I would pack and clean during the day, and when he got home he would do all the heavy lifting and take what I had packed to the new place to be unpacked right away, making the transition smoother. In theory, that was a terrific idea. And in the end, it more or less worked out great! But last Monday I also started having TONS of pain in my pelvis area. Like, so bad that I couldn't stand for very long, let alone walk. As pathetic as this sounds, I had to resort to crawling around our house during the day, because the simple act of walking was so unbearable. It was pretty embarrassing. I could barely drive myself anywhere. Tylonol would help a little, but I was maxing myself out on the dosage and it wasn't changing too much, so I stopped. I didn't want to over-medicate and potentially hurt Avery! The pain continued throughout the week, and still hasn't subsided at all, but we were able to get all moved in (aside from decorating/hanging pictures) and that has been such a blessing. Spencer was a huge help, working full time and then coming home and helping me with the packing/moving/cleaning. I love him :) So, even though last week was super stressful, borderline mental breakdown, we made it through and everything turned out great! I'm especially thankful that Nick, Courtney and Josh came over on Saturday to help move the heavy things we had left. Thanks guys! For real, you were amazing.

So getting back to my Dr appointment today. I explained my inability to walk much and the pain I was experiencing, hoping to hear that it was easily fixable. Maybe do a few stretches, eat less dairy, anything. Turns out, it's just from Avery pushing down further in preparation for labor, and there's not really anything I can do about it at all. Still, I consider this mostly good news, because at least there isn't anything wrong with me or the baby. My Dr told me that if the pain continued through next week, he would check my cervix on the 9th, and if I was dilating to at least a 3, he would go ahead and induce me that day. That will put me at 39 weeks and 4 days, which is pretty close to my original due date. This is what I have mixed feelings about. If Avery hasn't come by then, I assume it's because she needs more time to grow. Getting induced also increases my chances for an emergency C-Section, which I've been hoping to avoid at all costs. I just feel like my body was built to have babies, it should know what to do on its own when the time is right. But at the same time, not being able to move around my own home comfortably, let alone leaving the house at all, is really taking its toll. The only thing I can really do at this point is pray that she is able to come on her own before the 9th. 

Whew! That was quite a long post. Anyway, hope everyone is doing well. Keep your fingers crossed for me that this little jelly bean is healthy and strong, and makes it through delivery ok! Love you all-

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you to have your baby! I expect lots of pictures :) Sorry things aren't feeling the best, but I am sure it's all well worth it.

    ReplyDelete