Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Getting my Sweat On!

Hello all! This week has been pretty great so far. Spencer and I went to the gym earlier this afternoon, and it felt sooo good to get out and get moving! I've been a little wary of gyms since getting pregnant, not that I had any reason to be. I guess I just felt unsure of how to work out without hurting the baby. Turns out though, she seems to love when I do! The last few times I've gone and done cardio and simple weight lifting, she gets her own spurts of energy and starts moving around like crazy! I asked the Dr. about this, to make sure it was a good reaction, and he said that she is able to feel the effects of my elevated pulse, and as long as I keep it at a moderate level, all it's doing to Avery is getting her blood pumping a little faster. Plus, he said there is some evidence that babies can also feel the good-feeling endorphin kick afterward. Awesome! So, this momma and baby combo will be hitting the gym quite a bit more now! Another reason I'm finally getting back into working out is that my energy levels are slowly creeping back to normal. I rarely feel exhausted for no reason anymore, and I'm loving it! This is by far my favorite part of being pregnant. I'm starting to feel more like myself again, and I have a baby bump big enough to enjoy instead of feeling self conscious about it. Avery is always jabbing and poking at me, and although its not the best feeling in the world, I love that she is becoming more and more present. In 8 short weeks she'll be here with us!! Yay!


1 comment: