Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Spinach Mushroom Pockets

Yummy! I have to say, this recipe was surprisingly fantastic. Even Spencer gobbled up the entire thing, and said he'd love to have this in our weekly rotation from now on. That's saying something! Usually, he'll eat most anything I make, but he's never been so excited (and I've been cooking for him for over a year now) about one of my creative cooking adventures. If you are at all a fan of mushrooms, give this a shot. I can guarantee your mouth will thank you!





For this recipe, you will need:
2 tbls Butter
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 tbls minced Garlic (I used the kind that comes in a jar, mincing Garlic is the WORST)
1 (8 oz) pkg Mushrooms, sliced
2 cups Spinach (I used fresh, but frozen should work just as well)
1/3 cup Heavy Cream
salt, pepper to taste
1 can Crescent Dough ( I used Pillsbury, the sheet instead of the Crescent Rolls pre-cut, it makes creating the pockets much easier)
Parmesan Cheese



Start by sauteing the onions with butter, until onions are soft, about 4-6 minutes. Add Garlic, and continue to saute until Garlic is translucent. 




Add Mushrooms, and stir until coated in butter. Lower heat to Medium Low, add Spinach and Heavy Cream, and cover.


While this is marinating, open can of dough and roll to 1/4 inch thick. Cut in half and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.


Once Mushrooms have softened, and Spinach is reduced, pour half of the mixture into the middle of each dough square, making sure to leave a perimeter for folding the dough.




Fold sides of dough up to middle and pinch closed. Roll ends up and press until sealed. **HINT: Before adding Mushroom mixture to dough squares, transfer dough to greased cookie sheet. It's much easier than transferring after filling. I promise!


Bake at 375 F for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown. I also sprinkled with an Italian Cheese blend for the last 2 minutes of baking, because I love cheese :) 


Cut in half and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment