Thursday, February 23, 2012

Catch Up for the Week

I'm alive! Its been quite the week, and also the weekend before, so I've been slacking in my blog. But no fear, I have returned. Today is bittersweet, my dad and sister just left after spending the week with us. I loved loved loved having them here with us, it was so nice to just relax and be with them. My family lives in California, and while its not on the other side of the country, sometimes it feels that way. We don't get to see each other often, so it was an especially wonderful treat. That was the sweet part. The bitter part is now that they're gone, I'm feeling particularly lonely again. I hate not having lots of family around. But such is life.

Spencer and I also were able to find out this week that our little bundle of joy is indeed a GIRL. She is doing well as far as we know, and growing right on schedule!! We've decided to call her Avery, though the verdict is still out on a middle name. She'll be due right around Independence Day, I have never been more excited for the holiday as I am now. Just a little over 4 months from now, I'll have our sweet little baby in my arms. Ahh, I don't see how I can possibly wait that much longer! We were both VERY happy that she is doing so well in there. 

My job situation isn't working out quite like I thought it would, but if there's anything marriage has taught me, it's that the best way to live life is roll with the punches, and not try too hard to control the outcome of everything you deal with. I know things will work  out the way they are meant to, and I keep telling myself that I can only do as much as I can do. No reason to stress the small stuff, right? In every aspect of life, Spencer is so encouraging and loving, he's my number one fan :) Which works out well, as I try hard to be his own personal cheerleader. I love our relationship, I think we balance each other so well, it's almost perfection.

Before I go, I wanted to leave a fun quote I found on Pinterest, that happens to make me feel better every time I read it:

Everyone is a Genius
But if you judge a Fish
On it's ability to Fly,
It will live its whole Life
Believing it is Stupid.

Have a good day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment